Acumatica 2022 R2 New Features = Better Manufacturing
Acumatica just released version 2022 R2, and we were excited to see all the new features and enhancements, especially in the Manufacturing Edition. These are much welcomed additions to the fastest-growing cloud ERP system and pack lots of benefits for you, such as:
- Drag-and-drop and copy-and-paste tools that give you the ability to quickly create or modify multi-level bills of materials, helping to save time and shorten engineering cycles.
- Improve shop floor data collection and job cost accuracy with multi-job clock-in and clock-out activities.
- Side panels! Manufacturing-focused side panels give users direct access to all their data, in one screen.
- Balance supply and demand with Materials Requirement Planning for planned inbound and outbound transfer orders across warehouse locations.
Regardless of your business industry, there’s something to benefit everyone with Acumatica 2022 R2 Manufacturing Edition.
Here’s a complete list of all the new manufacturing features and enhancements:
- Engineering Workbench
- Enhanced Support for Transfers in MRP
- Control of Excessive Item Quantity for Operations
- Restricted Visibility of Customers & Vendors
- Side Panel Support for Lists of Records
- Support of Blanket Sales Orders in MRP
- Management of the Initial Status for New BOM Revisions
- Enhanced Calculation of the Ship On Date for Transferred Materials
Let’s look at more details around some of my favorite new features, the Engineering Workbench, MRP Supports Blanket Sales Orders, and Side Panels. I think you will love these too.
In Acumatica 2022R2, Manufacturing Edition, engineers can now view, create, and modify a multilevel bill of material displayed in a tree structure by using the new Engineering Workbench (all in the same screen).
Before Acumatica 2022 R2, you had to manually drill into the BOM screens to make changes, and then back out of the screens to see the visual BOM. This process took a lot of time for even simple changes. Now, with just a few clicks, and all on the same screen, you can make changes to Production, BOM, Items, Inventory, Customers, Projects, Engineering, and Order Details.
There are three parts that all work together in the new Engineering Workbench.
- Summary area: Here, you can select an existing BOM in the BOM ID box and view its general information or select the Hold check box to modify the BOM.
- Left Pane: This is the tree structure. You can view and modify the BOM by dragging the tree nodes to various locations.
- Right pane: This area is dynamic and shows you the settings of the selected tree node, such as an operation or a material, and you can make changes if needed.
This new Engineering Workbench will save users TONS of time and result in a lot less clicking and switching screens.
MRP Considers Blanket Sales Orders
Material Requirements Planning (MRP) now takes in account future sales / blanket sales orders as part of its calculation. These blanket line items of a Blanket Sales Order, planned for dates in the future are included in the MRP and are processed similar to forecasts. This is huge! Before 2022 R2, Acumatica MRP only considered your Sales Orders, Forecasts, and Master Production Schedule. With the addition of Blanket Sales Orders, you get much more precision in determining how much raw material / product to purchase and when to purchase.
MRP in Acumatica 2022 R2 has better calculations, so you have higher quality information to make informed decisions.
Side panels are amplified in 2022 R2, as they now include multiple lists of records. What’s a side panel, you ask? If you haven’t discovered them yet, you should take a look – they are usually found on the right-hand side of the screen in Acumatica. A side panel is a navigation option where users can drill down to relevant details about any record they select in a list of records. A side panel may have only one tab with a form related to the selected record, or it may have multiple tabs. If the side panel has multiple tabs, a user views a tab by clicking its icon.
This image shows the side panel for the Production Order Maintenance list of records. Notice that for the selected record, the side panel has icons for five tabs, giving you all the information you need without have to switch screens! Thanks Acumatica.