New Features and Improvements
Acumatica is committed not only to delivering new functionality in every update, but also fine-tuning existing features based on customer feedback. In Acumatica 2023 R1, there are three main areas of improvement: usability, developing a more intelligent platform, and industry improvements. The Manufacturing Edition got a lot of love from this new release. Let’s look at some of the notable improvements.
Manufacturers know to stay competitive and drive growth they need features in an ERP solution that help them to face industry challenges such as supply chain shortages, complex inventory management, and production scheduling and analysis. Acumatica 2023 R1 meets these challenges head-on. Read on to learn more or give us a call at (440) 498-9920 to see for yourself the powerful tools Acumatica 2023 R1 can bring to your business.
8 Updates for Manufacturers in Acumatica 2023 R1
1. Deallocation of Unused Materials for Production Orders: in Acumatica 2023 R1 you can now manually deallocate unused materials for production orders that have the “Completed” status rather than having to close the production order. By setting materials to completed, production managers get a more accurate view of their MRP and gain flexibility in the system.
Additionally, we see a new material status is now available on the production order details screen indicating whether materials have been issued for operation or whether materials have been allocated for the production order.
2. Enhanced Review of MRP History: two new inquiry forms were added to view the MRP audit history. This aids production managers in analyzing their MRP and identifying why the duration might have increased, finding general system errors, or figuring out why performance has deteriorated.
3. To drill into details of any of the MRP runs, you can simply click in the start date column and the MRP Audit History form appears with the history displayed on a separate tab. The MRP Audit History information is available directly on the MRP Regeneration screen too.
4. New Workflow Support on the Production Order Maintenance and Production Order Details Forms: by utilizing the new workflow engine in Acumatica, users can now move through their production orders faster. For example, there is an added processing option, Hold and Remove Hold. This was not available in previous versions of Acumatica.
5. Side Panel Support for Specific Forms: Everyone loves side panels in Acumatica, but the manufacturing people were missing out on the goods. Not anymore. In 2023 R1, six new side panels have been added to the Production Order Maintenance screen – Production Order Details, Critical Materials, MRP Results by Item, Production Order Analysis, Production Order Supply Documents, and Project Task.
6. Enhancements to the “Where Used in BOM” form: there are some small but much needed improvements to this form, from renaming the multi-level checkbox label and warehouse label to adding an additional checkbox for active BOMs and new and renamed columns in the table.
7. Creation of Labor Transactions on the Production Order Maintenance form: we’ve all been asking for this one. It was not possible to create labor transactions if you were in the production order maintenance screen. Now you can.
8. Open Production Orders are Shown on the Production Order Maintenance List: there is an additional “Open” option on the Production Order Maintenance screen to show production orders planned, released, or in process. A picture is worth a thousand words.
Acumatica 2023 R1 has many exciting new features and enhancements for manufacturers. Grow your manufacturing business with customizable and scalable software designed with advanced features your business needs to stay competitive. To learn more about the Acumatica Manufacturing Edition call Parallel Solutions at (440) 498-9920 or email us at email@example.com.