What is ERP?
ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) is software that helps companies run their business. The software includes everything from financial management software (GL, AR, AP), and CRM (Customer Relationship Management), to Distribution Software (Order & Inventory Management), Manufacturing Software (BOM, MRP, Production Management), Field Service, and so on. ERP is often hosted on on-premise servers, owned and maintained by the user.
Cloud ERP is an Enterprise Resource Planning system that is hosted on a global platform like Amazon Web Services or a local hosting platform or on your own servers, that is accessed via a web browser. According to Acumatica, “Cloud ERP is Software as a Service that allows users to access Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software over the Internet. Cloud ERP generally has much lower upfront costs, because computing resources are leased by the month rather than purchased outright and maintained on premises. Cloud ERP also gives companies access to their business-critical applications at any time from any location.”
Using ERP in your business offers many benefits including:
- Increased efficiency by eliminating repetitive processes
- Improved productivity
- Integrated information giving you a real-time snapshot of what’s happening across your business
- Supports fact-based decision making
- Helps you grow your business
Acumatica Cloud ERP offers all of the same functionality, but in a cloud environment. It also offers some excellent features that give you flexibility in deployment, and attractive licensing options:
- License the functionality your business needs
- Computing power and data storage size needed now and when the business changes
- Deployment options ranging from SaaS, hosted in a private cloud, or on-premises, which can be switched as needs change
- Monthly subscription or perpetual license
- Access to your data so you can copy or move the data at any time, unlike many systems
- Device independence so you can easily switch between any device, including Apple iPads or iPhone, Google Android, or Windows, Mac or Linux desktop computer
With the evolution of technology, you want to choose software that will grow with your business. For more information about how Acumatica can work for you, please give us a call at 440-498-9920 or email us at email@example.com.